"In rapidly changing markets, VNU Asia Pacific is continuously investing in brands and capabilities while applying key lessons learnt to 2021", the company announced on the publication of its 2020 annual review and 2021 outlook. In February 2020, VNU Asia Pacific moved its office into a new premium space located in the heart of Bangkok at The PARQ – a newly built state-of-the-art real estate project developed by VNU's Thai shareholder TCC Group. During the first half of 2020, VNU also launched its new corporate identity and a red logo, making the company brand stronger and more cohesive with the headquarters in Utrecht, Shanghai and Bangkok.
Regardless of economic fluctuation and market uncertainty, VNU Asia Pacific introduced five new collaborations in 2020 with a view to forming global partnerships that will soon bring engaging trade shows right across the Asia region.
The five new collaborations of 2020:
- The Free From Food Asia with EBC Expo – trade show organiser specialising in healthy food and alternative protein – arrives in Bangkok in 2021.
- Meat Pro Asia, also debuting this year in Thailand, covers the processing and packaging of egg, poultry, meat, seafood & food products and is the result of a strategic partnership between two top players in this sector: the organiser of IFFA (Messe Frankfurt New Era Business Media Ltd.) and the organiser of VIV Asia (VNU Group).
- Aquatica Asia, organised with PT Global Permata Perkasa in Indonesia, focuses on the aquaculture industry and aims to improve fisheries production.
- Bio Asia Pacific with TCELS (Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences) is a new platform for biotechnology, life sciences and smart health in Asia Pacific; Thailand LAB INTERNATIONAL is its counterpart for the laboratory industry. Both shows aim to provide an integrated innovative platform from laboratory to life sciences for the SEA region.
- BYOND MOBILE, organised with EJ Krause, aims to be the B2B meeting place for the 5G ecosystem to drive the super-connected economy in the heart of Asia.
Furthermore, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, travel restrictions, and worldwide uncertainty, VNU Group has modified its show calendar to secure successful inter-regional exhibitions during the second half of 2021.